If your business phone system works, you might think that’s really all that matters. But the thinking that all you need is a dial tone could be preventing your users from communicating effectively – internally and externally.
Your phone system can – and should – be doing more for you. Read on for signs your phone system is due for an upgrade.
1. DOES YOUR PHONE WORK WITH YOU… OR AGAINST YOU?
The workplace has undergone a significant shift. Today’s workers demand access to company data wherever they may be, from any device and from different apps. To be relevant in today’s economy we must be flexible, social, and always-on; and our phone systems should enable us to do all this — and more.
- 62% of workers use their personal devices at work
- 81% of workers access documents while mobile
- 74% of growing businesses say voice communications are key to business
2. ARE YOU MANAGING YOUR BUSINESS OR YOUR PHONE SYSTEM?
As a smart business leader, your first priority should be growing your business, not managing your phone system. So how do you know if you’re investing too much time maintaining your current phone system? Easy, just ask yourself these four questions:
- Do your employees contact the vendor to troubleshoot phone issues?
- Can you add new phones and services quickly and without scale limitations?
- Do software upgrades happen seamlessly?
- Are you getting one invoice from one vendor?
If you answered, “No” to one or more of these questions, you’re spending too much time dealing with an outdated phone system. Today’s systems are managed by vendors who specialize in business communications, and provide expert installation and support, so your IT staff (and you) can focus on more important business.
3. DOES YOUR PHONE SYSTEM ENHANCE YOUR BOTTOM LINE?
Like all other technology investments you have made, your phone system should be strategic in helping to boost your bottom line. Integrating your phone system into your current technological landscape provides eye-opening intelligence that enables your people to be more efficient and productive. To see if your phone is doing its job, ask yourself these 4 questions:
- Is your phone system integrated with core applications like CRM, ERP, ATS or others?
- Does your phone system provide invaluable data that enables you to optimize staff levels, evaluate employee performances, analyze marketing spends, or understand customer behavior?
- Does your phone system help sales reps be more productive?
- Is your phone system a powerful tool for training and coaching employees?
If you answered, “No” to any of the above questions, count it a sure sign that it’s time you tapped the hidden resource that is your phone system, and put it to work for you.
4. IS YOUR PHONE SYSTEM OMNIPRESENT?
The ability to be everywhere at once is no longer a dream, but a necessity, and
your phone system should entirely support you in this. Whether you work from home, the office, an airplane, your hotel or a coffee shop, your phone system should empower your company to maintain a unified front. If you can’t use a desk phone, computer or mobile phone to transfer a call to a co-worker, even if you aren’t in the office, then you definitely need to upgrade your phone system.
5. ARE YOU UP ON THE LATEST AND GREATEST?
More and more companies are turning to modern VOIP phone systems to ensure they stay current and competitive. One of the biggest benefits of choosing a modern phone system is the quick access to the latest advances in technology, features and upgrades. Whether you choose a Cloud solution or an on-premise system, your phone system should help you keep pace with technological changes.